Welcome to the official support page for Khan Archiver – a mobile app that captures and organizes KhanAcademy videos.
First and foremost: This app is in no way affiliated with Khan Academy itself. It is my small contribution to KhanAcademy’s awesome products. Take a look and support them at: Khan Academy
About Khan Academy
- A free world-class education for anyone anywhere.
- The Khan Academy is an organization on a mission. We’re a not-for-profit with the goal of changing education for the better by providing a free world-class education to anyone anywhere.
- All of the site’s resources are available to anyone. It doesn’t matter if you are a student, teacher, home-schooler, principal, adult returning to the classroom after 20 years, or a friendly alien just trying to get a leg up in earthly biology. The Khan Academy’s materials and resources are available to you completely free of charge.
About Khan Archiver
- This mobile app will let users download and manage amazing Khan Academy videos on local mobile devices.
- It is free right now and will always remain so
- The project is developed using Titanium Appcelerator. I planned to release for iPhone/iPad and Android. So far the iPhone version is waiting approval while the iPad is in testing stage. It is open-source and available at Github
- Please let me know if you want to help out. I will authorize you as a collaborator on the project
- Finish up some layout differences for iPad release
- Downloading will reset after pause (no resume mechanism). I already contacted Appcelerator and they already filed a ticket for this.
- Fix some glitches while posting on Facebook feeds (social sharing)
- Under the Browse tab, do not apply “Refresh” button too often (probably just the first time around) because the list from KhanAcademy is huge. Also, it may mess up the current “Archive” structure. (As awesome as KhanAcademy products are, I am a little concerned of how frequently they move their categories around in the API)
- Only those items under “Browse” tab with an arrow key will have child section/video. I will try to pull text information as well next release.
- Did you know: apply a ‘longpress’ on a video will allow you to share it via Twitter/Facebook. Cool hah?
- I was planning to work on an iPad release as well. But Khan Academy already has their own official app. It is absolutely amazing with all features (homeworks/reviews…) not just limited to videos. Check it out here
- March 14, 2012: New version 1.0.1 was released and is available for download. Changes: splash screen for iPhone 4 and some table optimization.